JOURNAL TOPIC: (today's tunes: "Graceland" by Paul Simon; "Boy in the Bubble" by Paul Simon; "Homeless" by Paul Simon)
1. Based on what you learned yesterday & last night, is it fair to say these songs were "by" Paul Simon? Why/why not?
2. Explain how Simon created something new by going back to the roots of a musical genre.
3. Can we describe music as literature?
2. Hey You: Masterpiece
3. Discussion: Creativity & Collaboration
4. Intro to SMART goals
1. Create a post for your blog entitled, "MUSIC AS LITERATURE"
2. In that post, answer this question: Can we consider music to be
literature? What is the difference
between a novel, a poem, a rap, a song, an opera, and a symphony?