Thursday, March 23, 2017

march 23

JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tunes: "57 Channels (And Nothin' On)" by Bruce Springsteen; "Jammin' Me" by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers]

Montag is trying to think but the voice keeps coming over the speaker: "Denham's Dentrifice Denham's Dentrifice."  The other day I went to a gas station and got out to fill up the tank.  Now, don't get me wrong-- I love talking to people so much I do it all day-- but I just wanted to put some gas in my car.  By myself.  But NO... the gas pump had a video screen on it and commercials yelled at me the whole time!  Why can't we get away from advertising, politics, and other persuasive communication for just a few minutes?  Why can't we enjoy some peace and quiet just long enough to be with our own thoughts? What do we need to know so that we can either establish boundaries for ourselves, or at least understand it well enough so that it doesn't lead us to bad choices or just drive us crazy altogether?

AGENDA:
1. Journal/discussion
2. Continue reading & answer Part II questions

No comments:

Post a Comment